he one below. Last thing is to hit the ''Write'' command to save settings to disk
... /sdd'', and ''/dev/sde''), I ran the ''fdisk -l'' command to see what my system's partitioning looked like:... on Ubuntu as part of the ''mdadm'' install.
The command I need to run is:
mdadm --create /dev/md0 --ver... dadm: array /dev/md0 started.
Nice! The command gave my terminal back, rather than locking it up
shows Synaptic in use.
For those who prefer a command-line approach, the same distributions include the... ons without a graphical interface. The following command can be executed at the command line. (I'm using sudo so I can run a root-only command with my current user ID).
me@mymachine:~$ sudo apt-get ins... ng should be built. Start ''asterisk'' with this command:
sudo /etc/init.d/asterisk start
We can check t
is nothing) into the logfile. So essentially the command replaces the contents of the file with nothing. ... Gecko/2009011913 Firefox/3.0.6"
When running a command this way, ''tail'' (on Linux) will group statemen... og > logwatcher &
$ cat < logwatcher
The first command creates a named pipe. The 2nd and 3rd commands send the output of a ''tail'' command to the named pipe, and keeps those processes running in the bac
rtunately, the standard date fields in the ''ps'' command use a "scrolling date" display. In other words, ... %CPU %MEM VSZ RSS TTY STAT START TIME COMMAND
nobody 22571 0.0 0.0 2128 244 ? ... ,wchan:14,comm
The important thing is the ''-o'' command line option which allows me to customize the colu... process ID number of the process.
args command with all its arguments as a string
So now I can
- The ''dump'' command tells SVN to copy all the revisions in the reposi... n'' (called a ''dumpfile''). Note: Running this command can take considerable time and disk space. SVN c... ackups (more files, smaller each).
- The ''rm'' command recursively deletes the existing repository locat... ure** your dumps are complete before running this command.
- The ''svnadmin create'' command creates a ne
t and connect to Linux Server 1.
- Execute this command: ''ssh -nNT -R 3333:localhost:22 myusername@linu... background)
* ''-N'' = don't execute a remote command--just open a tunnel
* ''-T'' = no TTY
* '... n prompt from ''Linux Server 1''. In my case, my command line on Linux Server 2 looked like this:
me@my... the client session disconnects, use the ''nohup'' command as shown here. It will continue to run until the
hat it should.
Obedience topic #2 is the "sit" command. We had already worked on that too. Not too har... on that part.
Obedience topic #4 is the "down" command. Surprisingly, this is easy too. We use treats ... bedience topic #5: "Leave it". This is a verbal command for making a dog leave something alone. Our trai... ck told her to sit.
We're enhancing our 'heel' command by waiting for the dog to heel (last weeks lesson
rch through the respective man pages revealed the command line I needed:
for i in *.wma ; do mplayer -vo ... can't use a pipe symbol to send the output of one command to the other. Instead, we use the double ampersand (''&&''). It lets the first command complete before deciding if the second one should run. If '... file that ''mplayer'' created.
I turned the command line into a very simple script and called it ''/u
* Use the ''lsof'' (list open files) command to print a list of all open files. Highly useful... lexible parameters. Similar in scope to ''find'' command, but for processes. List can be sorted/filtered ... many files can I open with my User ID? ====
At a command prompt, type:
==== How can I increas... er of files I can open with my User ID? ====
At a command prompt, type:
ulimit -n 4096
==== What about t
ome root for the installation process. So at the command prompt, run the ''sudo -i'' command and enter you... o add 460gb to a logical volume (Note that 'vgs' command showed how much free space is available).
o occur frequently, either while using SVN at the command-line, or when attempting to use Eclipse or Netbea... SVN repository seems corrupt. To fix this at the command line, navigate to the affected directory and run this command:
Or in Eclipse/Netbeans, find the "Cleanup" menu item und
e ssh's into the server and runs the ''svnadmin'' command as the root user.
Since I can't fix root-relat... database files to root and run the ''db_recover'' command. When that completes, I chmod everything back to